Saturday, April 05, 2008

Alito Tries to "Distance Himself" from Scalia.

OK, I want this blog to contain thoughtful analysis and discussion of U.S. Constitutional law ala Scalia. So, I should be avoiding the vacuous crap served up by the mainstream media about U.S. Supreme Court Justice nominees. But that's why blogging is great - you have complete freedom to write what you want (provided, of course, the statements are non-libelous). And well, sometimes you just want to read People magazine rather than Yale Law and Policy Review. Mental masturbation instead of cerebral crunches. (That sounds sick!)

Anyway, this brain candy about Judge Alito from American Lawyer Media's Law.com news service (copy the rss feed here) titled, "Seeking a Degree of Separation from Scalia," is actually pretty substantive. Interestingly, the article notes, Judge Alito did not name Justice Scalia as his favorite Supreme Court justice of all time. Alito chose Justice William Brennan as his favorite. Yeah, right! Could you be more subtle with the spin - choose a moderate like Justice Harlan II or Powell, not Mr. Living Constitution himself! Do you think Senators Schumer and Kennedy really believe you!?

But at least the article mentions that Alito and Scalia share the same birthplace, ethnic heritage, and religion (as discussed in my prior post). That puts "Seeking a Degree" on a higher plane than the Entertainment Tonight-like pablum coughed up by the mainstream mass media.
Yes, I know, that sounds cynical. And I shouldn't talk, since I'm as guilty as anyone for licking up whatever is currently hyped in the media. But I will earnestly try to improve my postings with heftier content. It's just my brain hurts today!

3 Comments:

Blogger clandis said...

Considering belairdirect.com direct ing ? You'd do better by checking out Fee Free Bank .com . At least a $25 bonus for opening a new account, with bonuses as high as $1,500 ! You save more and get a higher interest rate to make YOUR money work for YOU.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Linux Unix said...

Informative collection attorney new york post.

6:32 AM  
Blogger live2-luv said...

Remarkable blog. I take the neccesary time to find
blogs that are just as good as the ones you do.
I want you to stop and compare with my cash advance new york blog.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home